mscroggs.co.uk
mscroggs.co.uk

subscribe

Comment

Comments

Comments in green were written by me. Comments in blue were not written by me.
I am a pensioner studying maths with OU. Currently doing M248 stats module. My enjoyment of MLEs has been magnified by your wonderful realhats package. It's a good job I'm 99% tee-total or my tutor would be getting a dubious assignment (still leaves a 1% chance of malt-driven mischief though).
Dave
on /blog/63
×1      ×1         

Archive

Show me a random blog post
 2021 

May 2021

Close encounters of the second kind

Jan 2021

Christmas (2020) is over
 2020 
▼ show ▼
 2019 
▼ show ▼
 2018 
▼ show ▼
 2017 
▼ show ▼
 2016 
▼ show ▼
 2015 
▼ show ▼
 2014 
▼ show ▼
 2013 
▼ show ▼
 2012 
▼ show ▼

Tags

video games pythagoras geometry statistics light logic matrix of minors javascript inverse matrices quadrilaterals wave scattering christmas reuleaux polygons a gamut of games plastic ratio game show probability interpolation cambridge menace world cup convergence sport sound approximation martin gardner logs sorting radio 4 reddit cross stitch game of life graph theory bodmas numbers polynomials games the aperiodical matrix of cofactors pac-man graphs folding paper electromagnetic field raspberry pi big internet math-off chebyshev data recursion programming news boundary element methods london bubble bobble stirling numbers propositional calculus dragon curves error bars geogebra trigonometry draughts numerical analysis arithmetic ternary pascal's triangle nine men's morris fractals flexagons coins signorini conditions gaussian elimination php pi national lottery phd matt parker rugby exponential growth wool manchester science festival golden spiral harriss spiral simultaneous equations oeis tennis weather station weak imposition finite element method noughts and crosses guest posts palindromes python final fantasy computational complexity mathslogicbot squares gerry anderson speed chess royal baby people maths triangles countdown data visualisation london underground twitter probability bempp realhats advent calendar determinants binary dates map projections mathsteroids royal institution european cup pizza cutting go puzzles sobolev spaces folding tube maps dataset accuracy books christmas card football hexapawn curvature chalkdust magazine matrix multiplication frobel estimation pi approximation day rhombicuboctahedron ucl talking maths in public manchester mathsjam matrices preconditioning hannah fry hats latex machine learning braiding platonic solids inline code misleading statistics tmip golden ratio captain scarlet stickers craft asteroids

Archive

Show me a random blog post
▼ show ▼
© Matthew Scroggs 2012–2021