Click here to win prizes by solving the mscroggs.co.uk puzzle Advent calendar.
Click here to win prizes by solving the mscroggs.co.uk puzzle Advent calendar.

Blog

2018-12-08

Christmas card 2018

Showing all comments about the post Christmas card 2018. To return to the blog post, click here.

Comments

Comments in green were written by me. Comments in blue were not written by me.
 2018-12-17
@Carmel: It's not meant to check your answers. It only shows up red if the number you enter cannot be split into valid pairs (eg the number has an odd number of digits or one of the pairs of digits is greater than 20).
Matthew
 2018-12-16
The script for checking the answers doesn't work properly
Carmel
 2018-12-14
Thank you Shawn!
SueM
 2018-12-14
So satisfying!
Heather
 2018-12-10
Great puzzle problems! Hint on #9: try starting with an analogous problem using smaller numbers (e.g. 3a + 10b). This helped me to see what I had to do more generally.
Noah
 2018-12-10
@Seth: try solving it for 3a+4b, 3a+5b, 4a+5b, etc and look for patterns
Matthew
 2018-12-09
Loved these puzzles! I have no idea how to approach #9, though. Will the solutions be posted at any point? Or, can anyone provide a hint to how to approach it?
Seth
 2018-12-09
Blaine said I'd like the puzzle, and he was right, too.
Margaret G
 2018-12-09
Great puzzles. Especially enjoyed #9. Thanks for the entertainment!
John
 2018-12-09
Think I got it! A sure sign of spring. number 9 was a struggle.
Mike
 2018-12-09
Someone told me I would like this puzzle and they were right!
Blaine

I will only use your email address to reply to your comment (if a reply is needed).

Allowed HTML tags: <br> <a> <small> <b> <i> <s> <sup> <sub> <u> <spoiler> <ul> <ol> <li>
To prove you are not a spam bot, please type "axes" in the box below (case sensitive):

Archive

Show me a random blog post
 2019

Dec 2019

Christmas card 2019

Nov 2019

Christmas (2019) is coming!

Sep 2019

▼ show ▼
 2013
▼ show ▼
 2012
▼ show ▼

Tags

chebyshev latex programming mathslogicbot video games propositional calculus palindromes pizza cutting asteroids ternary reddit dragon curves talking maths in public cambridge curvature christmas card frobel gerry anderson approximation braiding people maths noughts and crosses electromagnetic field coins folding paper go radio 4 football realhats bubble bobble tmip harriss spiral countdown books captain scarlet javascript machine learning fractals logic error bars puzzles national lottery bodmas matt parker inline code london manchester cross stitch twitter sport chess hats flexagons menace mathsjam news php golden spiral game show probability manchester science festival weather station rhombicuboctahedron graph theory sound reuleaux polygons folding tube maps light sorting triangles pac-man tennis big internet math-off london underground binary misleading statistics nine men's morris wool rugby estimation oeis the aperiodical hexapawn craft data polynomials final fantasy speed draughts a gamut of games probability world cup european cup interpolation map projections python geometry golden ratio accuracy trigonometry martin gardner advent calendar chalkdust magazine arithmetic dataset pythagoras platonic solids stickers mathsteroids game of life plastic ratio royal baby raspberry pi statistics dates christmas games

Archive